Sunday, April 3, 2011

Dove Chocolate

There is a commercial on TV about Dove Chocolate Bliss. Well, I experienced my own bliss today. Spent 3 1/2 glorious hours with my dad at his nursing home. The last few weeks, I have only been able to spend maybe one hour a week with him due to either time constraints, people that were with me, or just the time of day (my dad goes to sleep at 6pm!). I hate it but the truth is that Sunday mornings are the absolute best times (for me) to visit my dad. The nursing home is quiet, the nurses are available (and not stressed out), my dad is very alert and cheerful (as I am), and I get to be there when he gets his vitals taken as well as other medical procedures. It's just a perfect time

But when it's my month to teach Sunday School for the college students, then it's a totally DIFFERENT story. I have to try to SQUEEEEEZE time with my dad in between other stuff. Stuff like attending Breckyn's ballgames, time with Bobby's daughters, time with our new grandson: Kingston, our adopted college student Lizzet, etc. It's just regular life but now raised a couple of notches since I have gotten married. Bobby and I are working at blending our families and it can get stressful because I hate it makes me feel that time with my dad is last and comes after all the other commitments. It leaves me feeling so sad and bummed because time with my dad is one of the most precious things to my heart.

Therefore, March was my last month to teach Sunday School. That 'season' of my life is closed for now and this new 'season' is beginning. Time to devote to my dad and my new family. I have peace and I think God says that it's "okay". :-)

No comments: