Saturday, April 16, 2011

This is the Stuff

A Day in the Life of Me.....#1 - I have gone not ONCE, not TWICE, not THRICE, but 4 times to try to get Ben’s envelopes for his graduation invites. The sizes keep being all wrong! The first 2 times, I tried to do it over the phone (with Gerald’s Office Supplies) and then the third time I thought I had it right but NO IT WAS WRONG!! This in between getting my daughter's wedding rehearsal invitations done as well. Ugh!

A Day in the Life of Me.....#2 - I paid all of our medical bills ($500 worth) today at lunch. Poor Bobby! With coming down with the flu, then an abcess, and most recently his hernia, we have paid tons to doctors. I told him thank God for medical insurance! It would be 3 - 4x more otherwise!!

A Day in the Life of Me....#3 - Yesterday at lunch I got in the car to run errands only to find an ENTIRELY flat tire!! I used my lunch getting it fixed. This is on top of trying to buy food and decorations for Jerad’s surprise birthday party. Morgon asked me to cook for it and it is going to be at our house! YikeS!!!

A Day in the Life of Me.....#4 - my Spanish III preAP classes are making pinatas and I am using my conference periods rushing to WalMart to buy supplies almost daily as we run out. Oh my...Why do I do this to myself? I ask myself this EVERY YEAR!! ha ha!

A Day in the Life of Me.....#5 - got up early today to thoroughly clean my house, do laundry, and begin cooking for Jerad's birthday party. Got done at 11 am and went to Breckyn's last soccer game. Ate lunch and then rushed home to translate a church flyer into Spanish for a church event for tomorrow. Now, Bobby and I are going to go clean the backyard and get it ready for the party (it's a cookout). Before the party, we have Breckyn' first baseball game to attend!!


My dear friend, Ember Sherman, says the song below reminds her of me. I think she is 100% correct!!

This Is The Stuff" - Francesca Battistelli


I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please
Cause I can't find my phone

(CHORUS)
This is the stuff
That drives me crazy
This is the stuff
That's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff
That gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust
You know exactly what Your doing
Might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

45 in a 35
Sirens and fines
While I'm running behind

(CHORUS)

To break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world...

This is the stuff
That drives me crazy
This is the stuff
Someone save me
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff
That gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust
You know exactly what Your doing
Might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

This is the song that my friend, Ember Sherman, says reminds her of me. She is correct as this is the perfect picture of my life!!

No comments: