Thursday, April 14, 2011

My deeds slew Christ

"I slew him--this right hand struck the dagger to his heart. My deeds slew Christ. Alas! I slew my best beloved; I killed him who loved me with an everlasting love. Oh eyes, why do you refuse to weep when you see Jesus' body mangled and torn? Give vent to your sorrow, Christians, for you have good reason to do so." - adapted from "The Tomb of Jesus" by Charles Spurgeon

O Almighty God, who alone can order the unruly wills and affections of sinful men: help us to love what you command, and desire what you promise. Among the world's many distractions, may our hearts be surely fixed where true joy is found, through Jesus Christ our Lord, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. Amen. - adapted from the Book of Common Prayer

I am really being blessed by my Lent Devotions via Bible Gateway. The quotes above were from today' devotional. They speak so powerfully to my heart and really convict me. I am challenged to continue to be moved by Jesus' sacrifice long after Easter.

So, it's approaching the middle of April and my busy time is almost here. Ben's graduation (May 13), Ben's reception (May 15), Anna's wedding (May 28), summer school (June 1 - 30), Spain trip (July 12 - 22), and Forrest Summer Vacation (Aug 1 -8). Wow! Busy, busy, busy!! But I won't lie and say that I am not looking forward to any of it. It's all gonna be GREAT!!!

No comments: