Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Quelf

Fun day shopping with my daughter (and niece, Jessica) today. I thank my heavenly Father for Anna and this special time of our lives. Her wedding. Being raised by a single mom has cultivated such a intrinsic nature within her for price consciousness. She always feels guilty for asking me to spend too much money on anything. At Christmas, it was a new wool coat that she desperately needed! She felt so bad needing a new coat! Today, it was new makeup. She needed new makeup and I decided that since her bridal shower was this Saturday that we would for fore go Walmart makeup and go to the Ulta to buy her good quality makeup. She kept saying, "Mom, we don't need to do this if it's too much money." I told her no and that she could for once feel like a princess with "extravagant" facial items. It was such fun blessing her!!

Last night, it was fun blessing Anna's fiance John Mark. We were able to pull off a surprise birthday party for him. The Big 23! Anna and I spent the day cooking pork tenderloin, twice baked potatoes, mandarin bacon spinach salad, lemon blueberry cupcakes and ginger chocolate shortbread! We had a great crew of 15 folks here to celebrate. We played the game, Quelf, which proved to be a *R*I*O*T* to play!!! I highly highly recommend this board game. Hilarious and fun!

www.quelf.com

No comments: