Tuesday, March 22, 2011

2 1/2 days

2 1/2 days. Two and a half days. That's all I have to work this week. Great huh? I love it especially since at this time of year, teachers (like students) are weary and exhausted. I am a rater for TELPAS (Texas English Language Proficiency Assessment System) so today I only taught 1/2 day and then had a training for this assessment system in regards to English Language Learners. Tomorrow I will teach all day and then that is it. I will rate writing examples all day Thursday and then I have a date with Bobby on Friday (we have doctor appts... lol!).

Judith Mota, one of my ESL students back when she was in 5th grade and who is now a Frank Phillips student, is coming tomorrow to shadow me in class. I remember when I shadowed teachers. Doesn't seem that long ago (12 years ago). I pray the experience is a good one for her. I pray that I can how her the balance that teaching is. The hard, hard, hard work and the great, great, great joy. I have 3 great passions in my life: my teaching, my parenting, and my faith. They are all centered and grounded in my heavenly Father and I count myself blessed.

Lent has begun and I am involved in this as are Ben and Anna. I am proud because their college friends for the past 3 years have also become involved in this. Just a way to re-focus on the meaning of Easter. My Lent devotional was so meaningful and powerful.

Today's Scripture Reading: 1 Peter 3:18-22

For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit. After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits--to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water, and this water symbolizes baptism that now saves you also--not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. It saves you by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at God's right hand--with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him.

Today's Quote

Christ with me, Christ before me,
Christ behind me, Christ within me,
Christ beneath me, Christ above me,
Christ at my right, Christ at my left,
Christ in the fort,
Christ in the chariot seat,
Christ on the deck,
Christ in the heart of everyone who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks to me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.
-- from the prayer of St. Patrick

No comments: