Saturday, March 19, 2011

End of Days

We had Anna's bridal shower today. The day began with me, Bobby, and Anna eating breakfast at JT's and then coming back to work on the hostess gifts. We had 4 of my sisters at the shower along with my nieces as well as some of Anna's girlfriends from both high school and college. This touched her heart. The hostesses are all dear friends of not only me but Anna as well which made the day even more special! We had great food which I knew we would because the hostesses are all amazing cooks!! Such a great and yummy banquet! I can't begin to emphasize how much of a blessing this day was to both Anna and I. It humbles me. It makes me think of what Anna keeps saying throughout this whole wedding process, "I never realized so many people loved me and how they are so wonderfully showing that love."

I don't think I can say it any better.

Now I think of these end of days with college students. End of days with my daughter and son. Somewhat bittersweet. This spring break has been filled with such fun days/evenings: days with my daughter getting things ready for her wedding, evenings having supper with Bobby, Anna, John Mark and Zack (Anna & John Mark's friend from college). Now as I look at the living room full of this crazy crew, I think of how I will miss these days. Ben and two of his college friends are now here so it's a house full! Ben and friends came in last night from their California road trip and now everyone is laying on my living room floor and looking through NetFlix trying to decide on a movie. This in the midst of John Mark playing the instrument/horn, the vuvuzela. We got it at last night's indoor football game at the Civic Center and it's been a hit at our house. Hilarious! Bobby is also taking them outdoors to go watch the "Supermoon" later.


Tomorrow, everyone leaves. Bittersweet. End of days. Everyone back to their normal days but I will still remember.....

No comments: