Saturday, June 11, 2011

Headaches

Day is ending so much better than it started. Thank you Lord. Thank you for hearing my prayers.  My headache finally stopped at about noon. Prior to that, I was able to go on a run, shower and then watch back-to-back episodes of Law & Order which I love. Maybe that is what made me feel better? Lol! If Bobby read this, he would mimic the song/music of Law & Order as he always does.  

The afternoon was such a blessing. I watched Food Network and then Bobby came home for a late lunch (he is working turn-around) and we got to take a nap together. It was such a refreshing nap. I am not a nap taker so doing this proved that I really was tired.  I then got ready for Kristen Blakely's wedding. The part that was especially touching (and made me cry) was the part where the groom washed the bride's feet and then they prayed together. Such a beautiful picture of humility and intimacy.  I had never seen this done before in a wedding and I loved it!

Bobby is still working and I have time to get things ready for tomorrow's breakfast item for the Bean (youth dept breakfast hang-out). I am making pigs in a blanket. I chose this because they are one of Bobby's favorite things and since he is working turn-around, I know that this would brighten his day considering that he won't get a day off until 4th of July. 

Thank you Lord again for this day and for clearing up my headache and for also giving me the right words to encourage a dear friend who lost her mother-in-law whom she had been caring for for the past 4 years+.  My heart and sympathies go out to her. Those of us who have walked down that road know her heartache and sadness. 

No comments: