Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thankful

I am so thankful to be feeling better. A bit of a cough and a slight headache are all that remain from the upper respiratory infection. Praise God! Bobby, his mom, and my sister all got it as well. Not fun. As Bobby likes to remind me, "You are not a great patient." He is so right. As a single mom, EVERYTHING depends on me (income, bills, house, yard, etc) so being sick is a *BIG* inconvenience in my life. I praise God that I was the worst during Sunday and Monday which were the days that I was not working. Tuesday through today...I had to give the summer administration of TAKS which involves lots of talking and walking which if I had been very sick then would have had to cancel. God is good because he knows the extra income is for the wedding.

Good news is that I leave with Bobby and his family on Saturday. One whole week in the mountains. Fishing, golfing, swimming, and just hanging out. Lots of fun and I am looking forward to it immensely!

I also am excited because I got to meet with Abbie Reyes today. She is our new addition to the Spanish department. She taught 5 years in White Deer and is an *EXCELLENT* Spanish teacher. My twin in teaching methodology and pedagogy. I love her and am so thrilled to have her on board. We will have an amazing, amazing, amazing group of teachers this year in our department. Whoop! Whoop!

No comments: