Sunday, May 31, 2009

dilemma and worry

So it's summer and it's very nice to not have to worry about grades, lesson plans, students in detention, etc, etc. Very nice. BUT (there is always a "but" in my world)I am now facing the dilemma of what to do job wise. As a single mom I have always worked during the summer. The extra income allows us to catch up on some bills and places us in a better position financially for the onset of the school year. My summer class at Borger High didn't make so I was disappointed. Now, I have to think about 3 options:

1. work at JcPenney where they only need me 2 days a week
2. work as a substitute teacher for summer school (days are sporadic and probably few)
3. work at Toot-n-Totum where they need someone from 2pm - 10pm every day.

Please pray with me regarding this. I want to do the right thing financially and for myself and for my family. I also am wondering if a combination of #1 and #2 would be enough? I keep hearing God tell me in the background (behind the worry and the stress that are clamoring for my attention), "Be at peace. I will be with you." What a loving God we have don't we? He understands our turmoil and anxiousness. I am so glad for that because I struggle with these emotions so very much...in so many areas of my life.

So I am listening to Jeremy Camp and eating fish sticks. The words of the song are nourishment to my soul.


Trust In You
Artist(Band):Jeremy Camp


When I can't see You I know You're there
When I can't feel You I will not fear
I will trust in You and I will not be afraid.
When the battle is close at hand
Though You're with me and help me stand
I will trust in You and I will not be afraid.

I will not be afraid
I will not be afraid
I will trust in you
I will trust in you
I will trust in you

When the darkness is close at hand
And I‘m running against the wind
I will trust in you and I will not be afraid.
When I'm standing upon that shore
All the battles I've gone before
I will trust in you, and I will not be afraid.

'Cuz I will not be afraid
I will not be afraid
I will trust in you
I will trust in you

3 comments:

Becky Dietz said...

I'm praying!! And I'm asking God for divine connections and divine appointments!

Sandi C said...

Liz~ I am praying that God leads you exactly where he wants you to be and you recognize it! I am also praying that you just continue to trust God to direct your path sister!
Smooches and Blessings

TheShermanFam said...

Praying, too!! I know God will show you a definite answer...but sometimes it is delayed (for a reason of course...Bro Steve's sermon last night) so you might take the wrong job and then hear later...just throwing that out there ;) But in the end, it will all work out! Maybe it's none of these three!