Tuesday, May 5, 2009

10 years

I went to my Borger ISD Appreciation Dinner last night. It profounded me to realize that I have been teaching 10 years now. Doing what you really love and what you feel is your "purpose" is such a great blessing. Other than motherhood, it's what I know deep within my heart that I was meant to do. Anyway, doing it for 10 years is a milestone for me since I have never done one job for that length of tim (other than motherhood). At the next milestone (20 years), I might be singing a different song but I hope not. Lol!

It's been a good spring for me. I have so enjoyed going to Breckyn's T-Ball games. Bobby coaches so it is fun to see the fun that they both have together. Grandfather and grandson...such a beautiful picture of family love. It is a blessing to have Sommer & Breckyn home until June. Pray for their future because Sommer's husband, Jeremy, will be ending his year contract in Port Arthur, Tx and they are looking for a job closer to home. Pray for God's will especially during this time of turbulent economical conditions.

It's also the end of the year and I am thankful that my year of serving as co-senior sponsor is coming to a close. My third year and it is the END! Yeah! It's a tough job (to coordinate between school & parents) but I am thankful that God got me through it. I hope to next year concentrate instead on forming a Spanish club and getting a trip to either Spain or Mexico together. That would be fun, I think.

A few more weeks and Ben & Anna come home. I can't wait!

2 Peter 1:3
His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.

1 comment:

Becky Dietz said...

I wish everyone felt as fulfilled!