Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011 - 2012

I llove Lissa Anglin’s website (http://www.lissaanglin.com/blog/) - - both her beautiful pictures and her blog. Her recent post really encouraged me to look at my past year and then to the upcoming year…

Struggles/To Do list for year 2012:

INVEST more in my problem classes/students. I have really seen this come true this last year. Praying diligently for my problem classes/students helps me be sensitive and teaches me to love them! It’s rocked my world!

PUSH my boundaries in regards to my weak areas. Learning to say “no”, learning to not be too much of a people pleaser, learning to take more time for ME, and learning to speak up for myself. A friend of mine, posted this wonderful saying on Facebook, “Wisdom to know which bridges to cross and which bridges to burn.”

Continue to GROW…..as a new mother-in-law, stepmom, mom, new daughter-in-law, new sister-in-law, and aunt. These are all areas I need to grow and be better in.

KEEP UP with friends better. Be intentional. Be available. This is so, so hard!

Stay ON TRACK with my health & fitness. Don’t let the busyness of life, teaching, family, etc to take away from this. It’s such a big part of a healthy me.

Accomplishments of 2011:

Did the IMPOSSIBLE (in my mind that is!) - - got my daughter, Anna, married. Got my son, Ben, graduated. Got a group of 28 people to Spain & France for a 10 day trip. Got the old house that I had lived in for 12 years cleaned, boxed up of all possessions, and totally empty all by myself!!

Got my “BEARINGS” in regards to being married. This is quite an accomplishment after being a single mom for 12 years. Only other single moms know what I mean!

Kind of ties in with the above: GREW our marriage. Lissa Anglin mentioned that a friend's mom once told her that couples in a healthy marriage need to date weekly, retreat monthly, and vacation yearly. I am thankful that Bobby makes sure that we do this a lot. He is a great husband.

WITHDREW from being involved with the college ministry at church. This was a hard, hard decision which is why I include it as an accomplishment (remember the part about saying “no”?). With my dad’s health, new family, new marriage, etc., I knew that this was the “season of my life” that I had to pare down my extracurricular activities.

RECEIVED the Teacher of the District award (http://www.borgernewsherald.com/content/forrest-receives-rootgillespie-foundation-award)

JOINED a monthly book club that I am thoroughly enjoying. I am loving having the time to read again. Love the monthly time we get together to discuss, ponder, and question books and their themes! ☺



"Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt

No comments: