Friday, May 27, 2011

Life in the Blender

Ben’s departure to Portland, Oregon is 2 days away. Anna’s wedding is 1 day away. End of school year is today. My life for the past 8 months has been so, so, so busy and crazy that I won’t know what miraculous transformation will occur on Monday, May 30th. I feel like my life in the blender will possibly stop. The house will be quiet (and clean!), I won’t have a “to-do” list a mile long. I won’t be using my lunch hours for errands and running around. I won’t have 10-20 emails and text messages a day regarding either graduation/wedding. I won’t have this foreboding voice always saying, “You forgot something. You forgot something.” It will be the first summer in 10 years that I WON”T teach summer school nor work 2 other jobs. I have this fear. And it truly is a real fear of mine. This fear of having “down time”. Of not being productive. Of not “earning my keep”. Of not having a regular workday.
Bobby says he will leave me a “to do” list every day if that would help me. My response: “Let me TRY this so called downtime first.” Lol.

No comments: