Sunday, January 31, 2010

Snow Storm Vacation of 2010

I've just experienced the most wonderful, exciting, fun, and restful Snow Storm of 2010! It has been *FaBuLoUs*!! The unexpectedness of it was what made it great as well as not being able to do many things outside the home (errands, chores, etc.). It truly was a relaxing time with special people.

I was able to get a lot of school work done (grading papers, etc) as well as enjoying one of my favorite hobbies....READING!! I read 3 books: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Ramona the Pest, and A Year of Living Biblically. All 3 books were fabulous and were thought provoking on different levels. Yes, even Ramona the Pest because it shows such a beautiful picture into the mind of a kinder-gardener!! I spent time with Bobby which is always such a blessing to me. He makes life *FUN* for me. Even something as mundane as shoveling the driveway with him had me laughing and cracking up! He was a gentleman and didn't throw me into the snow which he had threatened to do. lol.

I spent time with the Rustens as well as Bobby's parents. Playing board games (Sequence board game is our new favorite game!) was so fun. Bobby's parents have a fire place so playing board games in front of a roaring fire is the BEST!

I also was able to spend a half day of solitude. This is something I used to do a lot when Ben & Anna would go spend time with their dad when they were younger (we are divorced). I read the concept in a magazine and loved it! The idea is to not do anything related to tv watching, computer use, cell phone use, chores, etc. A Day of Solitude to focus on oneself spiritually in one way or another. I usually spend one hour on each of the following: prayer, journaling, listening to praise music, reading inspiration books, going on a walk outdoors, preparing a healthy simple meal for oneself, and writing encouraging letters/cards to people. This time I used only a 1/2 day and it was such a blessing. Such a wonderful way to get away with God alone and undisturbed. I highly recommend it to anyone who has as little as 1 hour of free time!

Well, that is what my Snow Storm Vacation of 2010 was like!! Thank you God!!

1 comment: