Thursday, June 25, 2009

10 days straight

Today is my last day of work prior to having 5 days off...yippee! Especially since I have worked 10 days straight. Praise God because I remember a month ago and I remember how distressed I was about work and possibly not having extra income for the summer. God is so good. The job at Penney's has been perfect for our situation (single parenthood). Anna has been great as well. Her help with her grandpa this past month has been immeasurable. It has worked out wonderfully.

I thank God because he has been impressing upon me to be a diligent and hard worker. I wanted to exemplify Christ in my work ethic. To not slack off, be lazy, or ignore tasks that need to be done. I want to be an asset as a worker. To be a good steward of my time at work ,etc. Even if this is a part-time job, what I do and how I work reflects my walk in God.

I thank God also for this week without my Father. He left Sunday to spend a few weeks with my sister in Amarillo. It has been such a reprieve and has given me time to regroup and rest from being a caregiver. It was soooo needed. He was excited to go as he has not spent time with my sister in Amarillo in some time. I am so thankful for his good outlook. It eases my heart.


"I have seen that there is nothing better than for a person to enjoy his activities, because that is his reward." - Ecclesiastes 3:22

3 comments:

Kaci Lusk said...

Elizabeth, thanks for sharing this today. I have been stressed to the point of breaking the last few days with the caregiver role. And trying to do it on top of everything else that is going on has me just frazzled. Have a wonderful day!

Becky Dietz said...

I love your heart, Elizabeth!

TheShermanFam said...

Isn't God so AWESOME!!?? I love how things always work out...thanks for sharing!!