Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A day in the life of ME

So this morning, I was working away in my classroom and a fellow teacher comes in and says, "Did you know your tire on your car is really low?" I gasped and said, "Oh no. Will it be okay until the end of the day?" He said it would be okay. Then at lunch, another teacher comes and says, "Your tire on your car is COMPLETELY flat!" I again gasped and ran out to the parking lot. Thankfully the gas station is less than a block away and I was able to air it up. This is on top of a teacher coming in to say, "Elizabeth, you did remember that you were speaking to my classes today about growing up as a migrant farmworker, right?" Then the vice principal comes in and says, "Elizabeth, you did remember that I am coming in to observe your classes today right?"

This is a day in the life of ME! So typical of my life. Lol!

Truthfully, Becky Dietz' blog site challenged us to tell what we were thankful for. Thanks Becky because it is something to slow down for and to think about. I am thankful, of course, for my children Ben & Anna. With the "cards stacked against us" as a single parent family and a broken home family, God put us back together and made us a beautiful family again. That blows my mind! I am thankful for a job that I love even on crazy, hectic days. I am thankful that Bobby Forrest and his family are so precious to me. I had so much hesitancy with dating and was so apprehensive with the "issues" that surround all ofthat but have realized that they have been pale in comparison to the blessings and I know that is because God is involved! It is still difficult but God is so good and shows up time & time again. I am thankful for my sister, Sylvia, who is such a great sister. We are as different as night & day but we love each other and "get" one another. I also am thankful to my Wednesday Lunch pals, Debbie Chowins & Margaret Vance. It's so nice to have close friends to be real with and to share & understand what life with college children is like. To pray with one another and to fully bear one another's burdens. What a beautiful picture of Christ.

So be thankful no matter what. Praise God in the dark and in the light.

3 comments:

anna.elyse said...

i love you mom. and i love our crazy life. i can't wait to be home!

Kaci Lusk said...

We missed you guys on Monday too. I enjoy reading your blog.

Just for future situations, you might get one of those little compressors from Wal-Mart, they're like $10 and you plug it into your car cigarette lighter and it airs up your tire. I try to keep one in my car.

Life group means alot to me as well. I enjoy it so much!

Have a great day today!!

TheShermanFam said...

Love getting a little glimpse into your life! I miss seeing you, too!! :(
I pray that everything is going good!
Love ya!